Weston Revel X Jessa Gilbert Powder Splitboard
The Best Splitboard for: Powder - Snow Surfing & Trees
The Revel is The Revel is snow surfing at its finest - preferring trees and the deepest powder possible. Like many powder boards, the Revel has a very wide nose with a good amount of reverse camber. We pair that with our Powder camber-dominate profile and iconic fishtail. This combination provides unrivaled float in deep snow, saving your energy for all the time you will spend in the white room. A core of poplar and paulownia stringers with bamboo insert blocks keeps this board light and nimble with carbon stringers to maintain the pop in the swallowtail. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. The Revel slays pow in the deepest of conditions as would be demanded in the depths of Revelstoke.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize active latching Karakoram UltraClips 2.0, installed with our holeless base technology, to help create the most responsive ride.
With the Mission Series, Weston has teamed up with British Columbia based artist Jessa Gilbert and CAPOW Canadian Powder Guiding to help offer avalanche education scholarships to our Canadian brothers and sisters.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 71% | Paulownia - 26% | Bamboo - 3%
- Shape || Tapered Directional Swallow-Tail
- Camber Profile || Powder
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 1x Inserts to Tail
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001 + Aluminum Tip + Holeless
- Sidewall || Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.1
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches