(Sold individually) Utility without a utilitarian look, this pannier has plenty of capacity in a classic package. You can skip the “Paper or plastic?” altogether by bringing it right into the store and even do an overnight tour with a pair of them. (For a rain-proof setup, line it with a white kitchen trash bag ñ works like a charm and adds virtually no weight.)
A word on panniers and modern bikes: many road bikes that are now being converted for commuting don’t have the long wheelbase of older bikes and will be a more difficult fit for any pannier; the most common problem is heel clearance. We design our bags to provide a wide range of fit without compromising function. Adjustable-height racks often help with this problem on shorter frames. Steel hooks fit most racks while a simple adjustable elastic lower hook attaches quickly.
- Tapered bottom corners for better heel clearance.
- Rigid HDPE panels on the bottom and back prevent sagging.
- Interior pocket for wallet and keys.
- Fully adjustable and replaceable lower hook assembly.
- Doubled canvas along the inside face against rack.
- Detachable reflective tabs.
- Wide and comfortable carrying handle. Shoulder strap anchors and extra lashing loops on top.
- Shoulder strap not included.