Weston Ridgeline X Vernan Kee All Mountain Splitboard
The Best Splitboard for: All-Mountain + Freeride - Steeps, Cliffs & Powder
The Ridgeline is a hybrid all-mountain & freeride splitboard that handles open bowls, steeps, cliffs and powder days with ease. While the Ridgeline still features a tapered directional shape and our Freeride camber-dominant profile, we change the recipe by using a mid-stiff flex and only a 20mm stance setback. This combination will still provide edgehold, pop and float while keeping it playful. An advanced core composed of sustainably harvested poplar, paulownia stringers and bamboo insert reinforcements creates the perfect blend between lightweight, response, dampening and pop that is more approachable than a traditional freeride board. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize active latching Karakoram UltraClips 2.0, installed with our holeless base technology, to help create the most responsive ride.
With the Mission Series, Weston has teamed up with Diné Navajo artist, Vernan Kee, and the National Forest Foundation to support the Wood For Life Tribal Fuelwood Initiative. The program responsibly redistributes firewood from forest restoration projects to indigenous communities for cooking and heating their homes in winter.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 71% | Paulownia - 26% | Bamboo - 3%
- Shape || Tapered Directional
- Camber Profile || Freeride
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 2x Tip to Tail
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001 + Aluminum Tip + Holeless
- Sidewall || Polyurethane (PU)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.1
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches
- Backcountry Magazine Editor's Choice 2023
- Backcountry Magazine Editor's Select 2022
- Whitelines 100 Best of 2021