Weston Backwoods Carbon Powder Splitboard 2023
The Best Splitboard for: Powder + Freeride - Trees, Powder, & Long Tours
The Backwoods Carbon is a powder & freeride hybrid that prefers trees, powder and steeps. Like most powder boards, the Backwoods has a very wide nose and a tapered tail, but it differentiates itself with a mid-stiff flex, our Directional Freeride camber-dominant profile and only 10mm of setback. This combination keeps the board nimble in trees, reliable on crud, and floaty in deep snow. Utiziling carbon fiber in place of fiberglass, and a high tech core of paulownia and aluminum stringers with bamboo insert blocks, we shave over a pound off the standard Backwoods while maintaining flex and pop. The castor bean based, white dominant, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability. Lastly, an Electra PTex 5920 Graphite base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. All of this helps the Backwoods to slay pow while still performing in variable conditions as you hop from pow stash to pow stash.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize semi-active Phantom Hercules clip to help create the most responsive ride while balancing weight savings.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 91% | Bamboo - 9%
- Shape || Tapered Directional
- Camber Profile || Freeride
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Base Material || Electra PTex 5920 Graphite + Aluminum Tip
- Sidewall || Polyurethane (PU)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.0
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches
- Blister Magazine Recommended 2021