Weston Eclipse Powder Splitboard 2023
The Best Splitboard for: Powder + Freeride - Trees, Powder & Steeps
The Eclipse is a powder & freeride hybrid that prefers trees, powder and steeps. Like many powder boards, the Eclipse has a very wide nose and a tapered crescent tail, but it differentiates itself with a mid-stiff flex, our Freeride camber-dominant profile and only 10mm of setback. This combination keeps the board nimble in trees, reliable on crud, and floaty in deep snow. A powerful core of poplar and bamboo stringers keep this board smooth and surfy with tip to tail carbon stringers to give it a little extra pop. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. All of this helps the Eclipse to slay pow while still performing in variable conditions as you hop from pow stash to pow stash.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize active latching Karakoram UltraClips 2.0, installed with our holeless base technology, to help create the most responsive ride.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 91% | Bamboo - 9%
- Shape || Tapered Directional
- Camber Profile || Freeride
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 2x Tip to Tail
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001 + Aluminum Tip + Holeless
- Sidewall || Polyurethane (PU)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.1
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches